Serials staff liaise with vendors/publishers, selectors/budget managers, and library staff about serial subscriptions and serve as main contact for serial acquisitions issues encountered at library branches.
Our primary responsibilities are the acquisition, management, reports, and documentation of:
- Print and Print+Online Serial Subscriptions
- Periodicals and Annuals
- Standing Orders and Series
- Annuals, Cataloged Separately, and Analytics
The Unit manages subscription records for serials and standing orders received through Gift & Exchange Programs and coordinates with library departments about title changes, receipt and distribution of microfilm and microfiche, and serial issues.
- SerHelp@uflib.ufl.edu – Contact the Accounting & Serials Unit in Acquisitions & Collections Services Department with questions about print and print+online serial subscriptions and standing orders, active / canceled subscriptions and standing orders, invoices, material delivery problems, vendor/publisher correspondence, etc.
- Erfirstname.lastname@example.org – Contact the Electronic Resources Unit for problems related to online only and online component of print+online subscriptions.
Contact Raimonda with questions about:
•Serials and standing orders policies and procedures
•Training and documentation
•Statistics and reports
•Login permissions on vendors’ websites
Contact Mark with questions about:
•Print and print+online serials and standing orders management, invoices, and problem solving
•New orders and cancellations
•Acquisitions mail room (receiving & routing of materials)