Serials staff liaise with vendors/publishers, selectors/budget managers, and library staff about serial subscriptions and serve as main contact for serial acquisitions issues encountered at library branches.
Our primary responsibilities are the acquisition, management, reports, and documentation of:
- Print and Print+Online Serial Subscriptions
- Periodicals and Annuals
- Standing Orders and Series
- Annuals, Cataloged Separately, and Analytics
The Unit manages subscription records for serials and standing orders received through Gift & Exchange Programs and coordinates with library departments about title changes, receipt and distribution of microfilm and microfiche, and serial issues.
- SerHelp@uflib.ufl.edu – Contact the Serials unit in Acquisitions with questions about print and print+online serial subscriptions and standing orders, active / canceled subscriptions and standing orders, invoices, material delivery problems, vendor/publisher correspondence, etc.
- Erfirstname.lastname@example.org – Contact the Electronic Resources unit in Acquisitions for problems related to online only and online component of print+online subscriptions.
- email@example.com – Use this mailbox to report any cataloging issues for serials, including predictive patterns, Holdings, etc. The following staff guide http://guides.uflib.ufl.edu/ufaleph/catproblems includes more information about the catalog problems mailbox that is monitored by Cataloging and Discovery Services Department.
- For serials in US Federal Depository collection, please contact Jody Hewitt, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Hank Young, email@example.com. Per their instructions, ‘if a library branch no longer wants these serials in their collection, by law they cannot be discarded since we are a Regional depository”.
- For monograph related problems, please contact the Print & Media unit in Acquisitions via firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Raimonda with questions about:
•Serials and standing orders policies and procedures
•Training and documentation
•Statistics and reports
•Login permissions on vendors’ websites
Contact Mark with questions about:
•Print and print+online serials and standing orders management, invoices, and problem solving
•New orders and cancelations
•Acquisitions mailroom (receiving & routing of materials)